Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sales be gone!

My budget willpower was put to the test today. I returned from my lunch date and was accosted by my lovely desk mate. She'd come across a major sale at an outlet near the office and was very excited to share her discovery with me. So a couple of hours later we took an "I don't smoke" break and headed over.

Wow. The sale was 50% off the lowest ticketed price on the already low outlet prices. We're talking stacks of super soft t-shirts for less than $10, summer dresses for $25 and a gorgeous float cocktail dress that was originally $145 down to $45.

I didn't need any of it. I wanted nearly all of it. Including a purple jewel-toned spring coat for $40.

But I'm happy to report that the budget locks are back on. I find that not spending money is a habit that I have to get into, just like spending can become a habit.

It would have been fun to come home with a big bag of inexpensive treasures, but it will be way more fun to one day get to declare that I'm debt free on this blog!!

I SO want to impress you all...

Total debt: $6600 and a bit
Spent today: $3.55

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You impress us already!! You rock...

Arlene said...

And I AM impressed! Tam, you're a better man than me!

Sarah said...

I am so very very impressed... even as I type this, knowing that I, too have to save a kajillion dollars, I am dying to know where this crazy sale place is... eep.

Tammy said...

It was the Jacob outlet underground at BCE Place...but you didn't hear it from me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails