Friday, January 2, 2009

Well hello budget! How I've missed you...not!

If you happen to be a Virgo like me, you probably LOVE getting organized at this time of year. Put up a new calendar, update your address book and get all your ducks in a row before going back to work. For me, this is fun.

I should probably drink more.

Anyway, having this fancy new computer makes all of this even more fun for me, so I've been busy creating spreadsheets so the DP and I can keep better track of our household expenditures this year. Really find out how much it costs to live our lives.

I also collected all my receipts today, which I've been a little lazy about lately. Now I can accurately confess all of my spending to all of you once again. That should keep me on my toes and out of my wallet a bit more. Hopefully...

Today I spent my money on some extra groceries and two different tea dates with two wonderful women. Also a great way to start a new year! Oh, and I still had $20 leftover from last week in my wallet when I took out my $100 for this week, so I'm giving myself a little extra in the budget. Why? Because I can!

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1045
Spent today: $23.98

2 comments:

sweetpea said...

hey, S and I use Quicken to track our spending and saving. I learned the other day they have a free online version that looks super cool

http://quicken.intuit.com/online-banking-finances.jsp

I'm not sure if it works for Canadians or not (I noticed they only had a field for Zip Code)... but thought it might appeal to the organizer in you. You can make charts (both pie and bar!)

Tammy said...

Thanks Terri! I just might be ready for a little financial software in my life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails