Friday, January 9, 2009

Second Christmas!

I usually go to Ikea in one of two states - either I am going to blow my wad on a large piece of furniture or I am going to accompany someone just for the fun of wandering around the showroom. The latter state is followed by wallowing over the fact that my apartment looks nothing like the showrooms, despite the numerous Billy bookcases.

My point is, I never have money to spend on all of the cute accessories. I'm either broke or already feeling guilty about the big ticket item I'm about to buy, so I have to leave all the fun stuff behind.

But not tonight.

You see, the DP and I received two very generous gift cards to the common sense emporium for Christmas (Thank you!) and decided that we would spread that money around on smaller things rather than buy one of those Ikea chairs that everyone has. It was a tough decision, because those chairs are SO COMFORTABLE. But this was oh so much fun.



We got 21 items for $213.38!

Some of the things we really needed, like the drying rack. Finally we won't have to spread our wet clothes all over the apartment. We also needed another big pot for our incredible hibiscus, but the one we bought isn't quite big enough... But I also got some lovely accent things!

Excellent way to spend a Friday night, even if I didn't consume any yummy Ikea food.

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1045
Spent today: $13.76 (Drugstore stuff. I confess that I charged the $13.38 that we owed at Ikea.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails