Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm resolved not to be so stupid

There is so much to like about a brand new year. A fresh start. Nary a mistake in sight. (Although both the DP and I have dropped and broken things today... Bad omen? Or are we just clumsy?) Yet another opportunity to live the life you've always wanted.

Which is why I put the credit card in my underwear drawer.

It has had a really good workout the past couple of months and now it's time for rest.

It's also time to re-instate the budget, which will start tomorrow as per my regular blogging pattern.

Just because I bid one big debt adieu doesn't mean I've accomplished all my financial goals. I have to get focused and make big things happen this year - things that cost big sums of money.

My short break from my fiscal reality has been awesome, but I have no desire to dig myself another hole. I have to go up!

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1045

ps. Ten points if you get the musical reference from the title!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

She Loves Me... Ilona sings it. What do I win?!

Tammy said...

Ten points! Of course, they're just metaphysical points... I knew you'd be the one to get it!

Sarah said...

Well, metaphysical points still count for something... my mom is always saying that who ever has the most points at the end wins!

Related Posts with Thumbnails