Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I only have eyes for you

Ladies, let's talk lashes for a moment, shall we? (Sorry gentlemen, this post won't give you much to work with. Unless you occasionally like to perk up your peepers a bit...) While the DP struts about with long, luscious lashes that beautifully frame his amazing blue eyes, I have to make do with a shortish set that prefer to be stick straight, meaning they don't have that girlish sweep that makes the boys swoon.

And I like a bit of swooning my life, dammit!

During my "Life upon the wicked stage," (Quick, ten points to anyone who gets that musical theatre reference!) I happily donned false lashed every time I had the chance and I loved the compliments I would receive. (A tip - Cast parties mean mucho photo taking, so leave you lashes on after the show.) Alas, my 9-5 office life is not quite as conducive to playing dress-up and make-believe.

Ergo, I am always trying out new mascaras. So when a marketing company contacted me and asked me if I wanted to try L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara, I couldn't say no!

It's one of those double mascaras, meaning you have to put on a layer of white stuff and then a layer of black stuff, which I wasn't too jazzed about. But then I remembered that it was free, curled my lashes and applied both concoctions. I was very impressed with my lashes, I must say, but I have often been impressed with my lashes after the first application of any new tube of mascara.

And I went about my day.

The happy surprise came when I glanced in the mirror during the late afternoon. My lashes still looked exactly the same as they did first thing in the morning! All curled up, long and flirty. That was new. And I liked it!

I have been pretty faithful to my new tube of mascara ever since, although there is one strange side effect - it comes off in tangible bits of...well...gunk. You don't need soap or eye makeup remover, you just need water. But you will find little flecks of black on your face as you try to get it all off. It's something I'm willing to live with, though.

Does it sound like something you'd like to try? If so, leave a comment on this post with your email address and I will send you an email that tells you how you can get a $5 off coupon and you can have a tube of your very own.

Just 'cause I love y'all.

Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1045
Spent today: $1.17 (A little chocolate milk after my lunch hour workout.)

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Anything to enhance my eyes! Yes please! :)

Jodie said...

I'd like to try it Tam!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tam... I can't resist a coupon. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You know me.....i'm a makeup junkie, count me in!

Anonymous said...

I would love to try this out with my favorite eyeshadow (you know the one!)

Sarah said...

Me too please!!!

becky s said...

I've been wanting to try something like this, too. I need a mascara that won't come off when my eyes water (allergies).

Tammy said...

Lola, please send your email address to sutherland.tammy@gmail.com and I will forward the coupon to you.

Everyone else should have received an email from me. If not, let me know!

Anonymous said...

I've been tempted by the tubes. The bane of my existence is "raccoon" eye. Right now I'm using an Estee Lauder mascara that works pretty well but I'm always in search of better; please, please send the coupon link.

Tammy said...

Sue, I need your email address to send it, please!

Related Posts with Thumbnails