Monday, January 19, 2009

Avoidance techniques

It turns out that there are a lot of things that need to get done before you leave on vacation for a week and none of them involve going to the gym. Plus it's January. Aren't we supposed to hibernate in January?

So instead of working out, we cleaned out the fridge (can't cross the country when you've got past-their-prime condiments sucking up energy) and repotted some plants (no recreational snow sports allowed if the hibiscus and fig tree aren't allowed to flourish). Tomorrow we need to do laundry, because the DP has Wednesday evening plans and it's better when we tackle the ten-floor trek together.

You know what else an imminent vacation involves? Spending money.

I bought a toque and a gator, which I needed. And I had to get a book for the plane. But I had a $10 gift card towards that! But then I noticed a coupon for H&M on my dresser - $10 off if you spend $50 by the end of January. So I picked up a few non-vacation items... I'll admit it.

Now don't get mad! It's allowed to happen sometimes.

Only, my current tax balance number isn't changing yet. Instead, I'm going to get through vacation with plenty of money in the bank and then make a payment if there's anything leftover. (There should be some leftover.) I'd rather head west knowing that I won't need to break out the credit card.

We were up north this weekend, dropping the cat off with the DP's mom. It's so weird not to have her here. When I came home from work tonight I actually heard a phantom meow from the other room!


Who knew I liked her so much?



Tax goal: $2000
Current balance: $1045
NO BUDGET THIS WEEK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say poor Schmaffie except that she is too cranky! Have a great time on the slopes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails