Monday, November 17, 2008

You can say I'm a dreamer

Have I ever mentioned how strong my imagination is? It's kind of scary. Thankfully I don't spend as much time deluding myself as I used to. Having a loving DP helps, because I never need to convince myself that my unrequited fantasy boyfriend will be sitting on the steps to my apartment building with a huge bouquet of roses waiting to profess his love for me. Instead I know the DP will likely be hanging out at home reading a comic book upon my return. And that he'll be happy to see me. He'll even put down the comic book and listen to my stream of consciousness monologue about my day. He's patient that way.

I did, however, engage my powers of suggestion this evening. My focus - the elusive money in the mail. I decided that there would be not just the most belated of the cheques (my contact tells me she is increasing her priority on the matter "ten-fold"), but that there would be a second cheque. And that the combination of these cheques would more than cover the last of my loan.

I planned it all out. How I wouldn't even bother going upstairs, but would instead turn around and deposit the cheques directly. And then, on my way home, I would stop and buy myself something for dinner. A celebratory sub, perhaps. Upon my return home I would immediately fire up my computer and share the news with all of you! I even contemplated different ways to organize the post: Do I give it all away up front or do I save the news until the end and finish big?

It was vivid and complete in my mind. So imagine my surprise when the only thing to be found in the small metal cage that is my mailbox was a Bell bill. And that bill isn't even in my name. So there was nothing for me. No money. No dinner. No boastful blog post. Just Bell. Stupid, stupid bell.

Sigh. It's coming. I have to believe it's coming. Both the money and the end. Wait for it.

Total debt: $1400 and a bit
Spent yesterday: $74 (Groceries and a printer!)
Spent today: $3.99

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails