Monday, November 10, 2008

I wish it was Sunday

Today was such a stereotypical Monday that at times I felt I was in a bad movie. The kind of movie that stars a D-list celebrity that had a mere moment in the spotlight ten years ago, but has somehow managed to avoid "Celebrity Rehab." The kind of movie that would underscore the opening scenes with "Manic Monday."

And what would happen in that opening scene?

It would start with a big zit on my forehead. Thankfully under my handy dandy bangs. (Bangs would have been a godsend in high school!)

Then I would arrive at the subway station and reach into my pocket only to find that I'd left my metro pass at home.

Later I would be feeling smug after my lunch hour workout, only to have the toilet overflow on my boots when I try to flush it.

I'd arrive home and find no money in the mail, despite the fact that it's been more than SIXTY DAYS since I submitted an invoice!

Then I'd attempt to do laundry, only to discover that I only have enough change for three loads, so I can only wash the darks.

And of course my laundry luck sucks and I end up having to make multiple extra trips to get it all done. (And yet another extra trip to retrieve my keys from the laundry room after I take the elevator ten floors and can't get into my apartment.)

But now the day is nearly over and I can relax. Gather my strength for tomorrow.

Total debt: $1400 and a bit (That doesn't feel like Monday debt!)
Spent today: $5.50 (SUBWAY FARE! Gah!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails