Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bring back the pony express

Distressing news! Back in September one of my birthday cards went awol in the mail and ended up back where it began, weeks later, with my proper address clearly marked on the front. Annoying, particularly for the senders because they had to pay to cancel the cheque that was within it, but we all assumed it was one small misstep by Canada Post.

But news has trickled down that another birthday card and letter from my Grandma was also returned to sender sans errors.

And this leads me to believe that there could be more! Perhaps even some of the elusive money that I've been waiting for!

But what does one do in the situation? I stopped by the postal outlet closest to me on the way home this evening and asked for their suggestions. I was directed to the customer service number. But these are the people that are currently on strike!

And then, to add insult to potential injury, all that was waiting in my mailbox was a bill. I bet they never get returned to sender for no good reason!

In other news, the snow isn't even on the ground yet and I can already feel the seasonal affective disorder setting in. And this is making me hungry:



Total debt: $1400 and a bit
Spent today: $4-ish

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails