Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sneeze, cough, blech

I'm under the weather. (What does that mean, anyway?) I had to leave work early and I had to cancel plans to have some lovely women over tomorrow night. I'm so sad! I was so looking forward to seeing them all. But I can't bear to expose them all to my germs. And I just don't know how I'm going to feel tomorrow.

I hate being sick!

And, in case I wasn't grumpy enough, STILL NO MONEY IN THE MAIL! I'm going to have to send another HELLO! email.

Hey, so I've had lots of questions about what I'm going to do with this blog when the final $1400 is paid off. Anyone have any ideas? My money goals don't end with the closing of my student loan account. I then have to re-save my tax money to cover all the extra freelance income that I've earned this year. Then I need to pay the DP the $5000-ish that I still owe him. So I can blog about those things. Or I could set some big goal and work towards it... maybe write a book?
Thoughts?

Another thing I've been asked is if I'm going to celebrate when I'm done. And I really want to! I just don't know what I should do, so I'm taking suggestions.

Help me out everyone!

Total debt: $1400 and a bit
Spent yesterday: $1.85
Spent today: $20-ish
Weekly total: $106-ish (Oops. a little over.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writing a book could be interesting. I think you should also set another goal and work towards that. Another suggestion that will help you out in the tax side is something that I do whenever I get any freelance consulting work. I established a seperate bank account and every time I get a check I make sure that I put 25% of my check into that account. This becomes my tax account and at the end of the year when taxes are done, anything that is left over becomes fun money.

Paronomaniac said...

I think it would be interesting to read about "life after the loan" and the challenges that arise. I'm not doing nearly as well with paying off my loan as you, but I keep thinking that things will be so much "better" when I'm done. I'd be curious to see how it actually pans out.

One day, I totally expect to see you writing a money column for a woman's magazine (Chatelaine has a money section...) and sharing your solid advice and first-hand accounts with a much larger yet equally appreciative audience.

And of course you should write a book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails