Sunday, November 2, 2008

A day at the museum

It was a very, very expensive (that's French for expensive) weekend around these parts. Not that we did anything crazy! But a day at the Royal Ontario Museum is simply not cheap.

First there's $22 just to get in. And then you spend $10+ on a bit of lunch. (Tasty lunch, though. Well done ROM!) And then, once the museum has kicked your ass, you have to stop at Starbucks for tea and treats just so you have enough energy to get home. And that costs $5+.

Our lovely houseguest was kind enough to treat us to our beloved Hero Burger for dinner last night. (Post-museum none of us had the inclination to actually prepare anything.)
And then there was the $55 on groceries today. Oh, and $5 on lottery tickets yesterday, because the jackpot was $39 million. (We didn't win. Surprise, surprise.)

Basically, I spent my entire week's budget in two days. However, I thought this might happen, so I did save an extra $40 in my account, since I do have some social events to attend this week. And that's okay. Sometimes it's okay to blow a huge chunk of money on a cultural experience.

Here are a few of our photos. (We have none from the diamond exhibit, because we
weren't allowed!)











Total debt: $2400 and a bit
Spent this weekend: $100-ish

1 comment:

Ghostface Knittah said...

That $22 ROM fee is outrageous. I try to only go on Friday evenings, when it's half price. Or, I'll skip it altogether and cross the street over to the Gardiner Museum, which is free on Friday nights!

Related Posts with Thumbnails