Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The politics of wanting

I'm eating a piece of Apple Crumble pie. Doesn't that seem appropriate for election night? I'm also multitasking and trying to decide which channel is best for coverage. It's a historic night! I am writing this post on a historic night.

But, of course, I'm not going to post about political things. I'm going to post about stuff that I want, but can't have. Namely this house.

This is quite close to the modest apartment that the DP and I share. On a street that I love. There was an open house this past weekend and I made the mistake of checking it out.

It's beeeeyoutiful! Of course, it's way too big for the cat, the DP and I. We could each have our own floor and the basement would still be empty. The wine cellar thingy would be wasted on us. Oh, and obviously we cannot afford it. But I love it. Very, very much.

Something else I want - and could afford - but won't let myself have right now is this. In a nice deep purple. And some new pants to go with it.

But I'm getting close and I refuse to ring in 2009 without closing my damn student loan account!

Send me your strength. And think blue.

Total debt: $2400 and a bit
Spent yesterday and today: $6-ish

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails