Monday, November 24, 2008

The lady who lunches

Well, I think I've discovered my first challenge in post-school debt life - lunch!

I have been a dutiful brown-bagger for years and years, but lately I've been buying my noontime nosh. Part of it is a lack of leftovers. You see, normally I cook a big dinner for the DP and I, so I can save some for lunch the next day. But now that a weekday dinner with the DP is as rare as a pair of well-fitting jeans, I've become lazy about cooking altogether. All the mess and effort just for me? No thanks.

But buying lunch is not only overwhelming (there are a LOT of choices), but pricey! Today I had a delicious sandwich and some chocolate milk...for ELEVEN DOLLARS! Ugh. That's more than a T-shirt at Joe Fresh. So wrong.

So you'll all be happy to know that I actually made dinner tonight - including leftovers! (But Wednesday I already have a lunch date... who can say no to crepes!?)

Tax money goal: $2000
Current balance: $0
Spent this weekend: $22-ish
Spent today: $26

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What has prevented me from buying my lunch in recent months is working in a business park with a single restaurant within walking distance...and one with exceptionally slow service. I won't lie - I miss the variety of downtown. Enjoy those crêpes!

Tammy said...

My crepe date fell through! But hopefully we can reschedule for next week. I'll raise my fork to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails