Sunday, November 30, 2008

One zit, two zit, red zit, blue zit

Oh what a lovely weekend. (Obviously this isn't a comment on the current weather conditions.) Lots of time with friends, quality hours with the DP, and a an afternoon at the spa.

That's right - the spa.

But here's my question about spas: Does anyone actually enjoy pan flute music? I swear that as I was waiting for my massage to begin there was a pan flute version of Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" playing. Ick. Why not some lovely classical music? Or tame piano jazz? Since when does pan flute equal relaxation?

All that aside, it was a relaxing afternoon. In addition to my massage (I feel like I cheated on my regular massage therapist... Forgive me!), I had a facial. With extractions. Which is just a fancy way of saying that someone else picked my zits. It wasn't comfortable and I'm still pretty raw looking from the experience. Plus, knowing my skin as I do, I'll most likely wake up with half a dozen new zits tomorrow. (Generally my skin prefers not to be touched.) But it was still a good time.

Despite my recent ramblings about my overactive credit card usage, I did put the spa on credit. I'll pay it off at the end of the week!

As for my cash spending, we did a HUGE grocery shop yesterday, so my weekly allowance is already very depleted. But the house is full of healthy food now, so why would I need to spend anything?

Tax money goal: $2000
Current balance: $0
Spent yesterday: $85
Spent today: $0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel badly about spending money on good groceries--it's an investment in your health, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails