Sunday, November 9, 2008

Merrily we roll along

The vegetables are roasting and the salmon is ready to go in the oven. Do you know what that means? Yup, it's Sunday night once again. Not that I mind it so much, since I had a wonderful weekend.

One of the DP's good friends from university came to stay with us last night. He's in town from Berlin, so we had a nice dinner, drank some wine and played Boggle. (We're wild and crazy that way.) It's so great to talk to someone who is leading such a different life than we are. A great reminder of all the paths available to us in this world. Plus it was just a lot of fun!

And then today I found myself on an impromptu road trip to Kitchener with one of my oldest friends. We had planned to go for a big walk, just to have some one on one time, but she needed to pick something up from her in laws house in Kitchener and asked if I wanted to come along. It was a perfect way to get caught up - especially since it wasn't such a nice day for walking.

Other joys this weekend included an incredibly tasty pumpkin spice cake that I made and this site. I dare you to not enjoy it!

Total debt: $1400 and a bit (Cross your fingers for some money in the mail this week, so we can all watch the last bit of this thing disappear!)
Spent yesterday: $55 (Groceries. It was pricey because I read this the other day, so we bought a huge bag of walnuts. Those nuts are not cheap!)
Spent today: $1.28 (Car trip girl talk requires a cup of tea.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, can we please talk about the live puppy feed?

Tammy said...

I know! Could they be any cuter? Today I saw the mom feeding them. And I love how they never walk around each other, but on top of each other.
Hours of free entertainment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails