Friday, August 29, 2008

Spendy spenderson strikes again

It was a late night last night - well, late for me. I probably arrived home when all the "cool kids" were just going out. But I was done. We ended the workday with a little celebration, which I followed up with a girly gathering of current and former coworkers. Then I went to this lovely bloggers birthday party. It was a full night!

The birthday event was a fabulous cocktail party for which I was woefully under dressed. I suppose I should have paid better attention to the invitation. Or gone home to change beforehand. But it was so conveniently located across the street from the girly gathering, which, in turn, was only a block from work. So I was still wearing my practical denim skirt and comfortable flats that had called to me at 8am. I didn't even have any accessories on! And several of the people I met at the party work in PR. PR people are always perfectly put together. Sigh. At least my hair looked okay. But most importantly, I got to wish my friend a happy birthday.

Time for the weekly wrap-up. I'm a little scared to add it all up. Here's what happened this week: I paid for our groceries on my credit card and didn't automatically put the money back on it. That left me with more cash in my wallet than normal, which I probably spent. Generally I know better than this - and I did make a payment during the week to cover some of it. It's all a learning process, people.

Total debt: $4739 and a bit
Spent yesterday: $24.52 (A latte and some candy, because I couldn't seem to perk up, plus wine and some food at the girly gathering.)
Weekly total: $114.53 (Two bad weeks in a row!)

I'll post at the end of today, after I go to Ikea and exercise my credit card.

3 comments:

chantelguertin said...

I thought you looked absolutely lovely last night! I was so happy to meet you and now, I have a new great blog to read! Can't wait to go back and read from the start! PS I have hair envy of you.

Tammy said...

Hair envy of me!? But you have long, lovely, shampoo commercial hair! We might have to settle on having hair envy of each other.
It was great to finally meet you, too. Now I feel less like a stalker when I read your blog.

Janine Falcon . BEAUTYGEEKS said...

You did NOT look woefully underdressed, silly! You have great girly style with a hint of retro-quirk -- you always look terrific.

And I'm terribly amused that two such hair-blessed folk are engaged in a battle of the hair envy. I can't wait to see who wins...

xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails