Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I love me a fountain



This is a lovely photo taken by my lovely desk mate of my favourite fountain in one of the lovely parks near our office. I get a kick out of the birds that bathe in it. Check out the portly pigeon at the top. It's the kind of park where lots of people feed the birds. I think that guy probably ate more than his share.

I am counting down to my extra-long weekend and trying to figure out why the three paycheck month didn't help me make major strides with my debt. I think the knowledge of more money coming in led to more spending. And that's kind of disappointing. Hopefully September will be better, although I do plan on breaking the bank a little during my vacation with my mom. And I intend to put an Ikea trip on credit in the next couple of days, in an attempt to make the office/spare room more appealing than it is at the moment. It's time. We've been here more than a year and there are still a couple of lingering boxes with no home for their contents.

I promise I'm trying! And in my latest effort not to spend willy nilly, I'm currently watching some free streaming TV online.

Total debt: $4739 and a bit
Spent today: $13.78

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails