Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy 200

I'm at 200 posts already! How time flies when you're trying to entertain a few dozen readers. Thank you to all the lovely regulars and welcome to anyone who is just tuning in now. Time to recap, particularly for those of you who ended up here accidentally.

In 200 posts I've managed to:

- Pay off more than $6500 of what I owe.

- Upgrade the boyfriend to the DP.

- Want, yet not purchase, numerous pairs of shoes, various pieces of clothing, and this bag from Roots.



- Go on a GREAT vacation to Montreal without completely breaking the bank and without having to pay any of it off after the fact.

- Become confident that I can actually be responsible and smart with my money.

I'm very, very lucky to have such supportive people in my life during this journey. A week rarely goes by that doesn't involve someone telling me how proud they are of what I've accomplished. I'm so appreciative for all the kudos and encouragement.

A friend asked me recently what I will do with the blog when the debt is gone. I haven't made any concrete decisions yet, but I think it will still have something to do with money. We can all watch my savings account fill up!!

Total debt: $4739 and a bit (I had an extra $10 in my account, so I tossed it on.)
Spent yesterday: $1.25
Spent today: $0

5 comments:

Ghostface Knittah said...

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, what the heck do you mean by "DP"?! Serves me right for not being a reader from Day 1, I suppose...

Tammy said...

It stands for Domestic Partner. Check out my post from May 29th titled "The 'Want'" for a full explanation.

sweetpea said...

$6500!!!!!! That's amazing! It doesn't seem like it's going anywhere when you tick small amounts off day by day, but when you look back in it, that's HUGE! Congratulations!

Tammy said...

Thank you! It will be even more huge when it's ALL GONE!

Andrea said...

Congratulations, my dear Sissy! I'm so proud of you!!

Now I just need to apply some of your lessons to my own life!! :)

Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails