Friday, August 22, 2008

May the sweat within me greet the sweat within you

I just returned from a hot yoga class.

Oy.

The studio near me has PWYC "Karma" classes on Friday nights and I've been meaning to go all summer long. I did two or three classes there last summer and seem to remember finding it difficult but liking the challenge

Now I think I may have blocked some of it out.

For example, I didn't bring a towel. How can any person who has lived through the sweatfest that is hot yoga not bring a towel? Thankfully the gorgeous, glowing, redheaded instructor was kind enough to include a towel for my $5 donation.

Anyway, long story (and long class - 1.5 hours) short, it was f*$@in' hard and I got nauseous a couple of times. Blech.

Of course, now that it's over and I'm home (and showered), I'm all glowy and serene. Or maybe I'm just exhausted. Perhaps I should blog any longer in this state.

Total debt: $4739 and a bit
Spent today: $11.18 (Lunch, some Tiny Tom donuts - seriously - and the yoga class)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

The few hot yoga classes I did left me reeling -- but I felt really good about them afterwards. But I had to lie down a lot to combat the nausea. And then I started having problems with nosebleeds from the heat so I just stopped going. Have fun, tho!!

Tammy said...

Ya, I think I'm going to need to wait a long time before I go again, so I can forget the bad parts and remember the glowy feeling I had once it was over.

Andrea said...

Yeah, the feeling you have afterwards is the awesome part. I just want the glow without the work ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails