Thursday, August 21, 2008

How low can you go?

I strongly dislike waiting in airports. Something about having to sit on those uncomfortable seats and not being exactly sure when things are going to start moving along makes me crazy. I feel as though I'm neither here nor there. Like, no longer at home, but not on vacation yet. Or no longer on vacation, but not comfortable at home yet.

It's limbo. And I hate limbo.

I partially blame my dad. Wait. Blame is not the right word. It's just that my family lived a fair distance from the airport in BC, but my dad worked by the airport. So after a visit home, he'd drop me off at the airport on his way to work. But he liked to go to work really early, to beat the insane traffic. So he'd drop me off at the airport before 8am and my flight wouldn't be until noon! No book is good enough to pass that much time at an airport. No amount of lovely, glossy mags can make the hours less painful.

I dread the idea of a long layover anywhere.

Strangely enough, I enjoy the time in the air. Maybe it's just the fact that we're actually going somewhere at that point. Plus I like being unplugged and unreachable for a few hours in this world where that so rarely happens.

Anyway, my point is that I've been in limbo for more than a week now. (Obviously I haven't been stuck at the airport for more than a week. I've been experiencing limbo in a different part of my life.) It was starting to drive me around the bend.

Thankfully things seem to be moving again. Still slowly, but there's forward momentum at least. I feel like I can cautiously plan ahead. And there's nothing I enjoy more than a good plan!

(Having just reread what I've written thus far, it occurs to me that people could misconstrue this post. Please take note: All is well with the DP and there are no baby DPs on the way.)

Anyway, if the limbo leads to something exciting, you'll all be the first to know. Well, not the first, but I'll totally fill you in. Eventually.

Total debt: $4739 and a bit
Spent today: $0.79 (C is for cookie. That's good enough for me)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails