Thursday, August 14, 2008

Never can say goodbye

I have done an awful thing. I have lost the lovely green iPod Nano that the DP gave me for Christmas 06.

We were using it in the rental car during the August long weekend, because I have a little radio adapter. And we (or I, because I should take full responsibility) left it tucked into one of the cubbies far under the radio.

All hope is not yet lost, but it's dwindling. We've both spoken to one of the people at the company's lost and found, but the car was rented out again before we realized what had happened. It was due back from that rental last weekend and she put a note on the account to check for the iPod, but she's been unable to get in touch with any of the managers at the airport location since then. She claims they're never at their desks, since it's such a madhouse there.

I feel terrible. That little electronic device was a bright spot during that awful Christmas. (One word: Norwalk) I had such an insatiable want for one, even though I knew that I just longed to be a part of the Apple universe like everyone else, but I couldn't justify spending the money. And the DP and I had set limits on how much we would spend on each other, so I wasn't expecting it. But he spoiled me, which he is good at doing, and surprised me.

And that device brought me so much joy. Partly because of my brief addiction to playing Solitaire on it while stuck on the subway during rush hour, partly because I could take it for a run without having to get a special holder for it, and partly because I loved having all of my eclectic musical choices in one location.

I hope this isn't the end of our story, Nano. I don't want to replace you! I don't need to watch TV shows on my music player. (Although that does sound nice...) I want you and all that you represent.

Come back to me!

Total debt: $5149 and a bit (Just until tomorrow!)
Spent today: $1.53 (Sadly, I borrowed 75 cents of that from my lovely deskmate to satisfy a mid-afternoon chocolate need.)
Weekly total: $91.03 (Over by a Snickers bar!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails