Thursday, August 7, 2008

A whole bunch of things, including free stuff for you!

Two things that can spoil the euphoric feeling that comes after a therapeutic and relaxing massage:

1. Being splashed with dirty puddle water by a passing car while strolling contentedly along Bloor Street.
2. Randomly deciding to try on jeans at Gap.

That's right. I was enjoying the early evening, window-shopping along Bloor after seeing my excellent massage therapist, when a car hit a pothole with a puddle right beside me. Thankfully I was only splashed on the bottom half of my body, but it was still kind of gross. And then, in my slightly damp state, I popped into Gap and was seduced into trying on a couple of pairs of jeans. My brain must have been a little soggy from my massage, because all three pairs of jeans I grabbed to try on were low-rise. People, I am SO high-waisted. Seriously. Low-rise pants could easily get me arrested. And they make me feel fat, because half of my ass is still sticking out the top of them when I do them up. I don't know what I was thinking!

Now I am home, happily watching SYTYCD. I'm a bit sad that Katee is already out of the running, but glad that she won $50,000. Why isn't there a contest where people compete to write the prettiest sentence? I could stand a chance in that competition!

Okay, I have three things to cover in this post, so I should probably get to it.

First of all, I've got some free stuff for y'all! A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by one of these new viral marketing companies who sent me some free samples of Listerine dissolving white strips. I handed some out to my peeps and I've been using them, too. And my teeth are whiter! The whole dissolving thing is a little weird, but you get used to it. Anyway, here's a link so all of you can all get a free sample.

Secondly, I have to explain a slight change to my weekly budget, so my weekly total makes sense. From now on, since the DP's gym payment comes out of my account every second week, I have lowered my weekly budget on those weeks to $60. Basically I won't have to pay as much in groceries on those weeks, since he'll be covering my first $30 to cover his gym fee, so I can put that towards the debt. Make sense?

Finally, here's my latest freelance piece, in case you're looking for a little extra reading!

Okay, all that said, let's get to it.

Total debt: $5149 and a bit (It won't change this week, I'm afraid.)
Spent today: $15 (Lunch out with some lovely work ladies.)
Weekly total: $60 (Yippee!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails