Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Seasons change, people change...

I don't want to alarm anyone, but summer appears to be over! Or maybe I just feel that way because I went to work under dressed for the day. There's nothing worse than feeling unprepared for the elements. Although being overdressed sucks, too. I know, I know - dress in layers! That's all fine and dandy, but putting together a wardrobe of layers that is fully integrated and interchangeable would require Stacy and Clinton's expertise, not to mention a Visa card loaded with $5000. I am but a poor girl on a budget, so I must make do with what is in my closet.

But back to the changing of the seasons. Do you realize that there are only TWO WEEKENDS LEFT until Labour Day!? The holiday is really early this year. Or so it seems. I wonder when the kids are back in school? I wonder if it's the Monday after Labour Day, in which case it's my birthday. The combination of my birthday and the beginning of a new school year has always had a profound effect on me, even once I stopped going to school. It's a fresh start. Even more so than new year's for me! So I have to begin pondering how 33 will be different.

Today I'm ruminating on the idea that you have to do things differently if you want things to change. Doesn't that seem almost ridiculously simple? But how often do we actually put it into practice? I know that personally I spend a lot of time doing exactly the same things and hoping for different results. Which is as dumb as watching "Little Women" and hoping Beth will live to see Jo publish her book or Amy marry Laurie.

I guess I have changed the way I handle and think of money this year, so I'm not entirely intractable. Still, I could use a crane to lift my sorry ass out of some old habits any time now...

Total debt: $5149 and a bit (Just until Friday, I promise!)
Spent today: $3-ish (Old habits...)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

We're back the day after Labour Day in BC :( SUCKS! It just doesn't seem fair, and I can't believe there are only a few weekends left. Yikes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails