Monday, August 11, 2008

Gold medal winner in lounging

Welcome back! Sorry for my lazy weekend blogging habits. I have no good excuses this weekend, except that I was busy doing a whole lot of nothing. And nothing is best done in front of Olympic coverage rather than in front of a computer.

It's true. The weekend started off in a manner befitting people still in the prime of their lives who don't have children - we went out to see Avenue Q and then followed that up by a late evening trip to Taste of the Danforth. It was an awesome evening! Bawdy, raunchy musical theatre followed by stuffing our faces full of ethnic cuisine. Puppet sex and empanadas. Good times.

Saturday began with a trip to the gym and then a trip to the hair salon. I eschewed the student cutter this time and paid $20 more for something that will hopefully grow out a bit better. This new hairdresser also pointed out several flaws in my last cut, so I felt vindicated in seeing someone a little more senior. (She was still younger than me, though.) Saturday afternoon I tidied the apartment and then relaxed with a magazine, a book, the paper and some sudoku. Ah, that's the life.

Sunday also started with a gym visit, followed by grocery shopping. And then I just hung out at home. Watching the Olympics, talking to my far away family, baking cookies, eating cookies (this might be a cry for help), doing more sudokus, reading more magazines... It was lovely and felt blissfully long for some reason.

Despite all this lovely downtime, I've actually managed to crack out the credit card a few too many times, so I feel I should confess. Obviously my theatre ticket did not come out of my weekly budget. Sorry, but I've been aching to see this show for a few years now, so I felt I could go above and beyond for a change. Ditto the haircut. And the hair product that I bought at the salon. AND a trip to the drugstore that I didn't mention, where I had to buy pricey razors, but also caved and bought a magazine. I know, I KNOW! Not good behaviour for a budgeteer. However, I promise that it will all be paid off ASAP. Probably by this weekend. And I'll try to let the credit card cool off.

The DP and I just returned from a lovely evening walk. This is the point in the summer where you really have to grab hold and just enjoy the time as much as possible. But the sun was getting lower and lower as we walked along the beltline trail, and the bats showed up. I can't handle the bats, so we took refuge on the pretty streets.

Okay, let's see if I can catch you all up on the cash spending.

Total debt: $5149 and a bit
Spent Friday: $7.50 (Street food at T of the D)
Spent Saturday: $15 (Japanese/Korean takeout for dinner. Udon soup, bulgogi and tempura. Yum!)
Spent Sunday: $50 (Groceries)
Spent today: $6.50 (A couple of stamps and a belated birthday card for my grandma's 80th birthday! I'm the worst grandkid ever.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails