Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spendy but spectacular

I took myself to the movies this afternoon. It wasn't really in the budget - I'll be honest - but the DP was away for the weekend and I've been wanting to see "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" so badly... And it has been about a year since I last hit a movie on my own. So I just did it. I felt kind of guilty, but I did it. And it was fun! I felt a little old when I realized that I was closer in age to the mom that chaperoned the group of 'tween girls behind me than to the girls. But then I remembered what it was like to be a 'tween and I felt better. Those are not days I'd like to relive!

The movie was good. At least, I liked it. And I completely coveted everything Alexis Bledel's character wore. Except that 95% of it was white, so if I did own all those pretty summer dresses, they would all have ice cream or chocolate sauce stains. Come to think of it, her character is an artist who is always using charcoal and stuff. White is probably not a practical colour for her, either. But she always looked pristine. And pretty. I kind of wish I looked like her.



Anyway, it was a great, but spendy weekend. I threw a little belated-birthday dinner party for a few amazing women that I've known for a long time. It was a full day of baking, cooking and cleaning before they arrived, but SO worth it. Everyone had seconds of the food, which I took as a good sign, and there were several hours of great conversation and lots of wine. In fact, I'm drinking some leftover wine right now!

It's also been nice having the apartment to myself all weekend. I slept in the middle of the bed! But now I'm ready for the DP to come and bring the magic back into my life. I'm assuming he's on his way...

Totaly debt: $4749 and a bit
Spent this weekend: $109 and a bit (YIKES! I probably should have added the receipts up before I went to the movies!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails