Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Feels like a Monday

Well, it was a nice long weekend. I saw a deer run across the road (I was up north) and a bird shit on my hand. Everyone tells me that's good luck, so I'm going to sit and wait for my ship to come in.

There was no good luck this morning when I checked the winners of the Heart and Stroke lottery. We didn't win a damn thing. Not even a coffee maker or a toastless toaster. (What on earth is a toastless toaster?) I'm trying to console myself by remembering that we made a nice contribution to a good charity. I'm also trying to learn the lesson that 1 in 3 odds means 2 out of every 3 people don't win a single thing.

But it wasn't a bad day overall. It just sort of plodded along. I had a few treats. But I did work out. And we got some groceries. And we just made our molasses bran muffins, which we healthified with some ground flax and frozen cranberries and then de-healthified with some chocolate chips. It's all about balance, right?

I'm remarkably without things to tell you all this evening. And so I'll just give you my totals and let you go on with your lives.

Total debt: $5149
Spent on the weekend: $0! (Many thanks to the DP. He kept me in car trip treats.)
Spent today: $35-ish

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails