Friday, May 2, 2008

Friends of the earth (or not)

I took a trip to the grocery store this evening, particularly to pick up some supplies for a little baking I need to do tomorrow. I brought my backpack, since baking supplies can be on the heavy side, and when that was full I pulled out my enviro bag.

I was proud. I felt the planet smiling at me. I half-expected (half-hoped) that David Suzuki would pop out from under the cashier's desk and say, "You've got the power!"

Instead, the guy behind me asked the cashier to DOUBLE BAG EVERYTHING! What is wrong with people? I tried to give him my best look of disgust, but considering that I'd just come from the gym, hadn't eaten dinner and was shouldering 20 pounds of groceries, I probably just looked exhausted.

By the way, this is my favourite commercial right now:





The kids are just so good! 

Moneywise I somehow still had almost $30 in my account after all my bills came out. It would be ideal if I just transferred it over to my loan, but I have a feeling I could use a bit extra this week. Baking supplies and all.

Total debt: $7560
Spent today: $50-ish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you HATE that. I once had a woman purchase 3-4 reusable cloth bags, then still want her items put into plastic bags. Also a man who bought a styrofoam cooler. When i asked him if he wanted a bag he gave me a dirty looked and said "No, those are so bad for the environment". LOL, don't you love hypocrisy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails