Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Grumpity grump grump

I'm very grumpy and blah this evening. As soon as I left work I was kind of bored, particularly knowing that the TV season is over and done with until fall. Unless, of course, I want to watch two hour reality programs. Since when did it become common practice to make such long shows that aren't TV movies or awards programs?

Normally when feeling this way, I would head to the mall. Good, old-fashioned retail therapy. But that's no longer an option. (And I hope I can learn to never again buy more shit in the hopes of feeling better! That's how I got into half of the trouble I'm in now.)

I need some more scheduled activities, but many of those sorts of activities cost money. I'm hoping to sign up for a couple in the fall, when my debt is in an even lower bracket.

Meanwhile, I could have spent the evening doing some brainstorming and writing up some more freelance queries. But the grump already had me in its grip and there seemed to be no way out.

(Thank goodness for the patient boyfriend who tries to make me feel better. He relieves a little of the grump just by being there.)

So it was an evening of cooking, cleaning up, making lunch and watching a couple of half hour reality shows, while the boyfriend did the laundry. Feels like the waste of a late May night. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Total debt: $6999 and a bit
Spent today: $0 (but I feel grumpy about it)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Ms. Tammer - there are some cheap ways to keep yourself entertained. Grab a kite or frisbee or a ball an go to the local park. Burn of some of the grumpies, enjoy the warm weather and have a good laugh! Get chalk and write on your balony - silly pictures or fun haikus! Plus local Ys or community centres sometimes have the big gym open for rec soccer or basketball - our Y has such activities five nights a week ($4 a pop - not truly free but fairly cheap!).

Also, there are some other activities that you and the boy toy can indulge in that is free and good the relationship... *ahem*

Tata for now!

sweetpea said...

Sounds to me like you need some DVDs from the library of Terri and Shayne. Interested in Rome I and II? Zip has currently sent us the entire first season of Gilmore Girls! Happy days!

Tammy said...

Thanks for the encouragment, Carly! Sometimes the grump causes a serious bout of inertia, but I'm better now.
And thanks for the offer, Terri, but I am determined to embrace the warm weather and get off the couch this summer! (Plus we have to finish Carnavale, which we borrowed from some friends.) I'll take you up on that offer when the weather takes a turn next fall!

Related Posts with Thumbnails