Friday, May 16, 2008

A false sense of wealth

I'm headed out of town again, to visit the boyfriend's mom up north. She lives on a lovely little piece of land right on Georgian Bay. There are tons of flowers and the dog from next door roams free. He's very friendly.

All this to say that I will be out of blogging range until Tuesday. I will keep track of my expenditures.

I did go and pick up some cat food today and I panicked. It costs half of my weekly budget. Before I knew what I was doing, I'd charged it.

It's a weird thing, the instinct to reach for a credit card. Like a false belief that we can "afford" something, even though we're not really paying for it.

All I can do is try to hang on to as much money as possible this week and then put the difference on my card. I know I can pay it off within a couple of weeks, so I won't be paying any interest.

But I have to learn to fight that instinct...

Total debt: $7221 and a bit
Spent today: $6.56 (Plus that charge...)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails