Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wonderful weekend

Yesterday was such a busy day that I completely forgot to blog! My apologies. 

It has been a great weekend. The boyfriend and I spent a solid 3.5 hours cleaning our apartment yesterday, which doesn't sound like fun, but the end result was satisfying. We no longer felt that profound disgust at our own filth. (Living off Yonge Street creates an inordinate amount of dust and dirt...) Then I worked on some freelancing I had to do, while the boyfriend went off to archery. (Yep, I'm dating Green Arrow. It's pretty cool.) Then we got groceries, had dinner, I did some more work, and then we watched this:

It's a documentary called "King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters," which is about competitive video-gaming. I can't tell you how good it is! If you are a doc fan, rent this. The cast of characters could not have been more perfect if they'd been created from someones imagination. We're actually watching it for a second time right now, since I have a friend visiting. We had to make her watch it. And it's even good the second time!


Today was a glorious early summer day - finally! The boyfriend and I took advantage of the warm weather to walk to brunch with friends where I was greeted with a wonderful surprise! My lovely friend - and our host when we were in Montreal - brought her parents! Now, I have known this friend and her incredible parents since high school, but they now live in Florida for half the year and then up at their cottage in Quebec for the summer, so it had been a long time since I'd had the pleasure of their company. They are not only  gregarious and interesting - just like their daughter - but they're also one of those couples who have the kind of marriage that we all dream of. They've been together since they were 17, have been married 42 years,  and are still visibly in love. It's so sweet.

The rest of the day was full of sunshine and good food and great people. An all around excellent weekend.

Total debt: $6999 and a bit
Spent this weekend: $73-ish (It was a big grocery weekend!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails