Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Saving, in more ways than one

Sometimes it seems like I have two states of being:

1) Monitoring my food intake so I can fit into the clothes I already own, because I like said clothes and really can't afford new ones.
2) Eating like there's no tomorrow, because I just really, really like to eat. Particularly baked goods.

Currently I'm living in state #1, because warm weather is supposedly coming and it's much harder to hide the sins under flimsy summer outfits. Although, given fashions continued love affair with voluminous outfits that only make the skinniest of skinny look chic rather than pregnant, I suppose I could fit in a few donuts and no one would be the wiser. (But if anyone asked when I was due, I might wallop them. And that would get in the way of my I'm-a-good-human-being persona, which I like to project so that every once in a while I can say something really nasty and make everyone gasp. It's fun.) But I also enjoy the feeling of being in good shape and Tim Horton's does not an Olympic sponsor make.

The happy side effect of state #1 is that I don't find myself regularly winking at any barristas while I order my Starbucks favourite: a tall non-fat Tazo chai and a chocolate chunk cookie. My innocent "treat" adds up to almost 700 calories and a whole lot of fat grams.

Therefore, I spent nothing today. Zip. Zero. Nadda. Thankfully there is strawberry fro yo and some chocolate sauce in the house to quell my craving. Much more acceptable splurge at less than 200 calories.

Total debt: $7221 and a bit
Spent today: $0

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails