Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bringing my budget with me

Vacation countdown is really on now. Two more sleeps. One more workday. I can make it!

Today I did something I've never done before a vacation: I tried to figure out my vacation budget!

Basically I've been planning to skip my big loan payment this payday and just use that money on the trip, but when I realized I've already paid off my flight, I thought I should examine things a little more closely.

See, one of my favourite hobbies in these frugal times is to get out the calculator and the calendar and see how my debt weight loss will progress if I stick to the plan. And I didn't really like the idea of not putting anything towards the debt this week.

Therefore, I will make a small payment, give myself plenty of vacation cash (we do have to eat out a lot, plus we want to go to some events) and then if I have anything leftover when I get home, I'll add that to the payment.

It feels good to have a plan. I'm sincerely hoping that the plan will stop me from whipping out my debit card at every opportunity.

Roughly 38.5 hours to go.

Total debt: $7561
Spent today: $2-ish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea, but do have fun. Have a cafe au lait 'dans un bol' for me! (My fav!!)

xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails