Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wining and dining

Dinner out with a couple of girlfriends tonight. Well, it was going to be "drinks," but the apres work meeting time translated into dinner. (I really can't wait until 9pm to eat. I will get "the hunger," as the boyfriend calls it, and no one will be safe from my wrath.)

Luckily I still had some money, particularly since the groceries were so cheap this week. But I knew that I couldn't swing dinner and a drink. In the past I would have justified the extra expense to myself. I would have gone to the bank machine and withdrawn cash from my line of credit, so I could have both. But Budget Tammy has only the money in her wallet, so I drew a line in the sand.

And you know what one of my friends did? She bought me a glass of wine.

Sometimes I think I must be one of the luckiest people in the world. Merci beaucoup, mon amie!
(Please don't spellcheck my French...)

Total debt: $9990 plus some more
Spent today: $15

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails