Sunday, February 17, 2008

A perfect 10

You know how I can tell I'm grown up? It's because I dream of having my very own washer and dryer. Isn't that sick?

When I was a kid, I had regular kids dreams. In fact, when I was about 13 years old, I was 100% convinced that I was going to be in the next Olympics as a gymnast. The truth of the matter was this: The next Olympics would have been 1992 and I would have been 17, which is virtually a senior citizen as far as gymnastics is concerned. Also, already at 13 I was at least 5'5" and over 100 pounds, therefore Brobdingnagian in the gymnastics world.

Oh, and most significantly, I couldn't really do anything backwards or anything really on the bars, balance beam or vault.

But I was going to rock the world with my floor routine consisting of front walkovers and aerials to the theme from "Top Gun." And Wide World of Sports would expand their special "Olga, Nadia and Mary Lou" episode to include me.

The power of imagination.

But you know what I can't do? I can't imagine our pile of dirty clothes clean! The laundry room in our building has been mysteriously locked for the past two days and the super isn't picking up her phone or her pages. So frustrating. Even more so, because when they finally do unlock the door, everyone in our 10-storey building is going to be standing there with their own basket of smelly laundry.

(The only person that must be happy for the locked door is the guy that lives in the one weird apartment that is in the basement. He must be grateful for the peace. Or maybe he's lulled by the hum of the dryer? I don't know, but it's really strange how he lives down there.)

I'm blogging early today, because I'm hosting a little reunion with my college roomies and one of them will be staying with us, so I might not get a chance to blog later. (Our office is also our guest room. It's multi-purpose!) I do plan on spending some money today, on kitty litter, toilet paper (I use a lot and I'm not going to apologize for that!) and a newspaper. That is, providing the boyfriend will run the errand for me...

Think clean thoughts!

Total debt: $9,900 plus some more.
Spent today: I'll fess up tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who has just recently managed to secure an apartment with a dishwasher and washer/dryer in the unit, I must admit that it is heavenly! I typically still do my laundry on Friday night (I know it's not the sexy time for it, but it works for me - clean undies for the weekend!!). I do love not having to fight for a machine and being able to run a load on a Tuesday night if need be.

As for your dreams of Olympic stardom, you would have had to make room for my own rhythmic gymnastics routine of the ribbon performed to either True Colours or Papa Don't Preach or Broken Wings...

Yes, I was a weird kid.

Enjoy your toilet paper! I hope it was on sale ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails