Thursday, February 7, 2008

Charge it!

Guys, it finally happened. For the first time since I started this blog, I broke out the credit card. Wait! Hear me out!!

My lunch plans fell through. I was supposed to hang out with one of my friends at work who I don't get to see often enough anymore, but her morning commute was considerably longer than usual, due to the storm last night. So she needed to work through lunch. (Not that I'm blaming her!)

I didn't have my gym stuff with me, because why lug a big bag of stuff if it's not going to be used? So that was out of the question...

Yes. I ended up at the stores. The drugstore, in particular.

I love browsing through a drugstore. There's a bit of everything! The beauty department, the glossy mags, the seasonal aisle... Love it all. And, oh! I'm almost out of multi-vitamins. And this morning I read this. And even though I have no plans to get pregnant in the next year, it causes me to check the amount of folic acid in all of the regular multi-vitamins. And there's basically none. So then I consider buying a regular multi-vitamin plus a folic acid supplement, but that will be more expensive and will mean more pills to swallow every morning. The only budget-friendly thing to do is buy the pre-natal vitamins, which feels really weird. Seriously. When I took them to the cash, the woman in front of me actually looked at my belly! (Note to self - ixnay on the ookiecays.)

Now I have to explain my choice to the boyfriend...

Since I've already decided that I'm going to be charging the vitamins, I decide to look at the seasonal section. Next Thursday is that incredibly commercial day that celebrates love in all its forms. Not that I'm shitting on VDay! I am way too much of a romantic to do so. I am, however, shitting a little on all the CRAP that gets produced for this day. I mean, I know everyone is different and some people want 3-foot tall pink teddy bears holding crushed velvet roses, but I don't understand why. What do people do with the oversized stuffed animals on February 15th? I'll tell you. They put them in the basement until their next garage sale and then they sell them for 50 cents. It's just ridiculous.

I may have purchased a little treat for the boyfriend. I don't want to say too much, since he may read this before then, but I can assure you it was not a pink teddy bear.

But we had decided to give each other small gifts for VDay, so the treat led me to look for the gift. And I found what I wanted. So then I had to charge that.

All in all, not a great budget day. I did have $13 still in my account, so I made sure to put that right on my credit card when I got home. Plus that extra paycheck next week will allow me to pay off the $45-ish that I now owe on my credit card, without too much of a dent.

Ah well. I never said I was perfect! But tomorrow my budget resets at $90, so it's another chance to make you all proud.

Total debt: $10,500 and a bit more
Spent today: $44.94
Weekly total: $134.51

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails