Friday, February 8, 2008

Warning - boring post ahead

Guess what the boyfriend and I did tonight? (Okay, first of all get your mind out of the gutter. I wouldn't be blogging about that! Although that is free, so it fits into the budget very well.) Being the young, exciting couple that we are, unfettered by familial obligations... we went grocery shopping.

I know, right? Pretty damned lame. 

But there is a definite advantage to grocery shopping on the day that my budget resets. It gives me a much clearer idea of how much money I have for the rest of the week. Of course, I can never make it through the week without having to buy some more food, but at least I've got a ballpark figure. 

Ummmm... I was really hoping I could turn the grocery shopping into an entertaining post, but it's just not happening. So really readers, that's all I've got to say.

Oh, and now I'm watching the season premiere of "What Not to Wear" on TLC while the boyfriend hides in the office. This is life on a budget.

Total debt: $10,500 and a bit more
Spent today: $46-ish


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad... we're watching TLC tonight too, and doing laundry. Although I did slip out to play my weekly game of basketball!

Tammy said...

Oh, we should have done laundry, too! That would have killed all the "chore" birds with one stone. (What an awful saying!)
Thanks for the shout-out Janice! I feel better knowing that we're not the only ones.
Besides, it is February!

Tammy said...

Geez, I used a lot of exclamation marks in that comment. Methinks I need an editor...

Anonymous said...

I know it sounds lame, but I enjoy having a very quiet Friday. It gives me the chance to unwind (sans my significant other), take care of all the chores including the bathroom (except groceries - we do the Farmers market on Sat morning), indulge in some silly tv before turning in for the night. Then when I wake up on Sat morning, it's all done! It's the nicest feeling! I can enjoy the rest of the weekend sans guilt.

Tammy said...

Very good point, Carly. I'm going to have to see what the boyfriend thinks about that idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails