Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back in business

My money lesson over the last couple of days is that sometimes you can't keep track of what's leaving your wallet... and that's okay.

As I've alluded to in some previous posts, I lost someone close to me last week. A generous, wonderful man who lived a long, full life. The kind of life we all hope to live. And as much as that's supposed to make you feel better when they pass away, it seems to have the opposite effect. It just seems so wrong that someone who is doing everything right doesn't get to live forever.

Anyway, the boyfriend and I needed to rent a car for a couple of days, to go to the services. We managed to spend almost $20 on parking overnight. (It was almost double that, because apparently the underground garage near us is two garages in one. The first level, which is where we purchased the time, belongs to one company, and the level we parked on belonged to another. It was weird and incredibly unclear. Thankfully the woman had the good sense to let it go, because I was on my way to a funeral and I was NOT going to be taken advantage of!) Plus there were meals to be bought, either on the go or just because we didn't have any energy left to actually prepare something. It just wasn't the time for blogging or counting my pennies.

So, I lied. I can't confess what I don't know!

But, I will say that I still had a $10 bill in my wallet this morning and I had to buy lunch. So sushi and some miso soup was purchased. (I've eaten so many little church sandwiches in the past couple of days that I was desperate for something unbuttered.)

Back on the budget bandwagon now. The saga continues...

Total debt: $9990 plus some more
Spent today: $6.31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the thing with life - everyone has problems and 'off' days. What's most important is that you dust yourself off and get right back at it.

Sending you a wave of Acadian hugs and kisses at this difficult time (we Francophones are a loving bunch ;-).

Related Posts with Thumbnails