Friday, February 29, 2008

See ya later, February!

Well, we finally made it to the end of what is really the worst time of year for me. I know that nothing much will change in March. The extended forecast is full of snow and the temperature will stay below normal. But being a word person, I can mentally handle March better than I can January or February. I even flipped over my calendar at work early in the day, to give myself a mental boost. (It only sort of worked. The afternoon was interminable.)

The only bad thing about the fact that it's just hours until March is that I haven't made as much headway with the debt as I was hoping. My freelancing appears to be firmly on the quiet side, although I did get some news about a magazine piece that should be a go. I don't want to toot my own horn until I have a signed contract and assignment letter. I'm dedicating a few hours tomorrow to brainstorming and sending out some more queries. I really need to widen my circle of contacts.

One of the many hard parts about this time of year is that we generally are less active, meaning we have more time to dedicate to those pursuits that get lost in the spring and summer activity whirlpool, but we're also less motivated to do anything. Other than bake and wait for the thaw, that is. So I find myself spending hours contemplating all the things I should be doing.

I should be sending out more queries. I should be coming up with new and innovative ways to get rid of this debt. I should start writing that book I'm thinking about. I should be working out more, so that the great spring unveiling doesn't cause me to hide myself away. I should, I should, I should...

Thankfully it's the weekend. On Friday night there is a very real possibility that I will accomplish everything I hope to. Tonight I'm clinging to that hope. Tomorrow...we'll see.

Payday is a saving grace. At least there's a loan payment.

Total debt: $9850 plus a bit
Spent today: $47.15 (Groceries plus a chai latte and a cookie. Friday treat, don't ya know...)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails