Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dispatch from germ central

The sickness continues. The really annoying part is that my throat was feeling quite a bit better yesterday afternoon, but gradually got worse during the evening and then was the worst yet this morning. Frustrating. I don't deal well with viral infections, because I am a cause and effect sort of person. I can clearly identify what is wrong (sore throat) and so I want to know exactly what to do to make it go away.

I suppose the truth of the matter is that time, rest and gargling with salt water is the answer. And my inability to accept that really paints me as impatient more than anything. But I've been cooped up in my apartment since around 4pm on Sunday, so it's understandable that I'm going a bit mad.

I did, however, venture outdoors for about 20 minutes today. Luckily it was first thing, before the snow began. And yes, I did manage to spend money in those 20 minutes. I felt quite desperate for a "treat," simply because I'm feeling sorry for myself in my weakened state.

Anyway, today Oprah had the Cosby kids on. Fun! Little Rudy turned out to be a stunner, although her teeth look ridiculously fake, and Vanessa looked exactly the same. Hadn't changed at all. The eldest girl, Sandra, looked like she didn't have any makeup on. Maybe the makeup artist started with little Olivia (the chesty Raven) and ran out of makeup by the time she finished with Vanessa. Because Raven's makeup was spackled on, Rudy's looked great but quite heavy, Vanessa's looked great, Theo is a boy, and then poor Sandra looked kind of washed out and a bit homely.

I guess the hairdresser ran out of time, too.
Okay, I promise that I will return to the land of the living tomorrow and hopefully encounter something more exciting to write about than daily updates about Oprah!

May your health be with you.

Total debt: $10,500 plus a bit more
Spent today: $3.01

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails