Sunday, March 28, 2010

Celebrate good times, come on!

What a weekend! It was the kind of weekend that makes you tired just thinking about it, but totally pays off all the energy output with an influx of joy. That sort of a weekend. Here are some highlights:

Saturday afternoon we hosted a belated birthday party for one of my darling friends who was in from Montreal. This was just *some* of the food.



The excellent cake was made by another talented friend who also made my bridal shower cake, you may recall!

Here's a little shot of most of the revelers:



All but two of these lovely ladies are high school chums. There's something about connecting with people who knew you back when you still thought perms were all the rage that is just...good.

But the "Life of the Party" awards have to go to the little ones:





Want to entertain people at a party? Get the kids to lip-sync to Lady Gaga. Instant good time!

Speaking of entertainment, the evening shindig was an 80s-themed karaoke birthday party for another wonderful woman in my life. Many awesome musical moments from that decade were performed. Here's a shot of us in our throwback ensembles rockin' out to Whitney's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody."



And then this afternoon was a lovely baby shower for one of the newest girls in my world. There was plenty of delicious food and I managed to spill both ice water and boiling water, meaning that I shouldn't be allowed to attend fancy parties!

Here's the new mom, covered in ribbons from her gifts:



Doesn't she look amazing!? All the joy is masking the lack of sleep. Her little girl was sooooo good at the shower, sleeping like a little angel as she was passed from great aunt to great aunt, grandma to grandma.

That's it for me! Thanks goodness I found some lentil soup at the back of my freezer and that there are still LOTS of leftovers from the party, because I don't have enough energy to actually cook something. Monday morning will come far too soon...

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wish I was there! And when did the kids get so big!?!?!? :-)

Tammy said...

We wish you were here, too! The kids are growing like weeds. In fact, Audrey will be 7 on Thursday and Wylder's 5th follows not too long after that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails