Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The opposite of hiding away

This morning I left the warm bonds of dream world and discovered a chilly apartment with no hot water. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the day.

I know that in the grand scheme of the world, my life is ridiculously easy and blessed. But something about starting the day sitting in two inches of tepid water (because I boiled a bunch and mixed it with the cold) trying to make myself presentable just did me in. So I considered canceling on my book club girls tonight, because all I wanted to do after work was go home and hide from the world.

But I didn't! I reminded myself both how much I enjoy our meetings AND how difficult it can be to sync our four schedules.

And you know what!? I felt SO much better after our dinner date and discussion. Thanks ladies!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails