Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 2 and sort of 3 - Why are baked goods so...good?

Okay, quick post because I'm killing some time at work after everyone else has gone. I'm waiting for my lovely friend to come and meet me, so we can fete this author's new book! I am super excited to read Love Struck, particularly because the book I'm just finishing up for my book club is written by a man, about a man, and it's full of sort of gross man stuff.

I'm ready for a dose of girly good readin'!


(This cover totally says "girly good readin'" to me!)

And speaking of books... I managed to eke out my 500 words last night. It was a bit of a trial, because I currently have to wear my old glasses in preparation for my laser eye surgery tomorrow afternoon. However, my old glasses give me a headache and make my eyes hurt, so I was desperate to just turn off the light and close my eyes already! Alas, as soon as I reached my word count, I did just that.

Yes, I went to bed at 9:30 P.M.

I have not had a chance to do my words yet today... First I must go to the book launch and then I will have to hurry home to watch the Jammy Baby episode. And THEN I will get down to it. Promise.

As for tomorrow and possibly Saturday (and possibly Sunday...), my completion of the words will be dependent on my ability to see after they shoot lasers into my eyes. I'm supposed to have fighter pilot vision within hours of the surgery, but I'm also supposed to give my eyes lots of rest so that the flap that they LASERED OFF can heal. (I'm also not allowed to "squeeze blink." As soon as I read that, all I wanted to do was squeeze blink.)

Oh ya - my fruits and veggies!

I wish I could say that this was easy. I think I'm doing okay, but I haven't mastered the art of eating the fruits and veggies before the cookies and Timbits. Instead, I eat the baked goods and am full when I come across the fruits and veggies. So I shove them in, too, and then I'm very full. And uncomfortable. It's a process.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails