Monday, January 28, 2008

Who could that attractive girl be?


Did everyone watch the SAG Awards last night? Or at least the red carpet, which is really the most exciting part for me. I love all the gowns and the jewels. It seems like it would be very fun to get that fancy. And it was totally raining out, but nobody had frizzy hair. How is that possible? Must be the magic of Hollywood.

Back in my performing days, I used to dream about attending a big awards show. I never wanted to be really famous. I wouldn't thank you for putting my face on multiple magazine covers or for disclosing my location to a posse of paparazzi. I just wanted to be famous enough to get free dresses to wear to awards shows. Oh, and a free makeup artist and hairdresser - preferably one that has a can of the magic, frizz-guard hairspray. And George Clooney as my date! (Don't tell the boyfriend...)

Speaking of wanting to be someone I'm not, I saw a woman in the most spectacular outfit this evening. Her black pencil skirt was perfectly paired with black knee-high boots that had subtle gathered detailing around the tops, just enough to make them look interesting rather than cookie-cutter. Her wool winter jacket (clearly made for style, not warmth) was also black, double-breasted and belted at the waist, with a large, folded over collar. Very Jackie O. And to complete the look - leopard print gloves. She looked divine! Except she was holding a cigarette in one hand, which could look chic to some, but just looked like smelly, smelly cancer to me.

Still, the envy I felt penetrated my four-and-a-half year old puffy black coat (warm, not cute) and my three-year-old H&M sweater, which I only paid $24.50 for to begin with and that is starting to bald a little at the elbows, right through to my fashion-conscious heart. When will I get to be the girl with the perfect outfit - right down to the gloves?

Or should I find a way to be okay with what I've got, balding sweaters and all?

Total debt: $11,000 and change
Spent today: $1.45 (Since when did Easter Cream Eggs become so expensive!?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails