Monday, September 8, 2008

They say it's my birthday!

Quick birthday blog moment.

All is wonderful in the world of me. My scheduled birthday picnic was rained out yesterday, but everyone congregated at our apartment for some snacks and a truly awesome homemade angel food cake with homemade whipped cream, chocolate sauce and raspberry coulis made by my best friend's lovely husband. (I would upload a photo, but Blogger is being difficult!)

And last night my mom and I went to see my dear friend do her first ever solo cabaret. She was AMAZING! I was so proud.

Today was much walking - shopping with birthday money. Turns out that it's hard to spend birthday money when you're so used to not spending money! But I did get a dress thus far. Afterwards we took a trip up the CN Tower, which is an expensive tourist destination, but my mom had never been.

Now we're snuggled up at home, watching SATC. (One of my gifts from the DP was all six seasons!) We're supposed to go out for a fancy meal, but I'm thinking that I'd rather order in at home. It might be PJ time. (I know. Just like Kim Mitchell, I am a wild party.)

Total debt: $3795 and a bit
Spent today: It's vacation time, people. I'm turning the other cheek.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails