Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

So, I haven't explained this on here yet, but my earlier proclamation about a new job was slightly premature. Sort of. As it turns out, I do have a new job, but at the same old place I was already working. Without going into all the details, let's just say that I felt very popular for a few days, right around my birthday. Not a bad way to feel! And now I'm transitioning to a my new position, which I'm quite excited about.

Part of all this change - and the reason that I'm telling you this - is that I have upped my personal allowance to $100 a week, effective today. An extra $10 may not sound like much, but I think it will really make a difference in the fun factor of my life. And with winter once again approaching (Do I keep talking about that? I seem to have preemptive SAD.), a little extra money to have a little extra fun should come in handy!

No other exciting news on the money front, despite the fact that today is payday. Since I'm still waiting for a nice big freelancing cheque, I had to put the extra money from my pay onto my still plump credit card. Hopefully the cheque will come soon and I can announce a new number. I'm also expecting my first ever Google Adsense cheque, thanks to all of you who clicked on my Google ad. That will go straight to my debt, in honour of my faithful readers and clickers.

I'm soooo glad the weekend is here. I spent tonight hanging at home with our current house guest, catching up. She and I once shared a teeny, tiny windowless cabin on a cruise ship for 7 months, so we're permanently bonded for life! And she totally bought us a bottle of wine andtreated me to sushi for dinner! I'm spoiled.

Total debt: $3545 and a bit
Spent today: $3.99 (Brownies for dessert, but this money was still in my wallet from last week!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails