Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Habit-forming 101

You know how they say it takes, like, three weeks to form a habit? Well, my mom was here for close to three weeks and I definitely formed a few habits in that time. Such as:

Forgoing the gym.
I can't recall the last time I took such an extended break from working out. Sadly I can remember shorter lapses in my physical fitness routine and how very, very, very difficult it was to get back into it all. And how painful. Tomorrow the pain begins. But then I can't go on Friday...which brings us to the next habit.

Fun leisure time takes precedence over everything else.
Listen, I love me a whole lotta fun, but to lead a productive life, the fun has to take its turn in the backseat. My health and my freelancing career need a bit of time in the spotlight.

When in doubt, eat dessert.
This isn't exactly a new habit for me, but rather a personal mission. Most of the time I'm pursuing my mission with a passion unparalleled by any other loves in my life. The rest of the time I am trying to reign in my pursuit in the name of a long, healthy life and not having to buy bigger clothes. After these past few weeks, it's time to get back on the latter bandwagon (says the girl who just ate one of mom's banana chocolate chip muffins from the freezer...).

Spend, spend, spend.
Obviously this is a habit I had managed to break earlier this year, but things got a wee bit out of control, as I've already confessed. I'm anxious for my budget reset on Friday, so I can post my numbers again for all of you to see.

So, it's time to turn the corner and create some positive habits once again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to go about that?

Total debt: $3545 and a bit (I'm getting tired of this number!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The Journey of a 1,000 miles begins with one step."

Start by taking one step. Before long you are well onto 1,000 miles. We know you can do it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails