Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The seal has been broken

So... remember yesterday when I said it was hard to spend money after not spending it for so long? Well, I got over that today. Waaaaaaaaayyy over it.

I shopped like I've never shopped before. Seriously. I spent the birthday money that I had. Then I spent the birthday money that I suspect is still on its way via Canada Post. Then I spent some of the money I'd put aside for this week with my mom. And then I started on credit.

Never have I purchased so many pieces of clothing in one day: 3 bottoms and 8 tops. Pretty much an entire new fall wardrobe. Luckily it's all mix and match and it goes with what I already have in my closet. I love every piece.

Now listen, I am not a hopeless budgeter! I'll be able to pay off much - if not all - of the credit later this week. And I have a chunk of freelance money coming my way before long. Of course, if I hadn't shopped like a maniac, all that money could have gone towards my debt, but sometimes we need to take a little breather from the harsh light of reality and Live a little. Right?

Mom quote of the day: "You look fabulous in everything you try on!" (Gotta give the mom some props - she does know how to make me feel like a million bucks.)

Total debt: $3795 and a bit
Spent today: You do not want to know!

1 comment:

Lois Kim said...

Good for you, Tammy! Every girl has to live a little sometimes. Can't wait to see all your new sartorial purchases.

Related Posts with Thumbnails