Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The big news

Okay, I am seriously multi-tasking right now, trying to watch the season premiere of "America's Next Top Model" (against my better judgement) and clean the bathroom. And blog. And celebrate!

Celebrate? you ask. Yep. This happy blogger got a new job.

I am very excited, although it is bittersweet, since there are many people and things I will miss at the place I'm leaving behind. But life is for moving forward and I am ready for new challenges.

This, of course, has been the source of all the limbo of late. And the last few days have been fraught with anticipation. But two sleepless nights led to a financial revelation:

Why am I putting aside tax money from my freelancing in a high interest savings account that doesn't earn me as much as I'm paying in interest on the last of my loan? Why don't I use that money and then replace it when the debt is gone?

So that's what I did.

Total debt: $3995 (Feel free to whoop with joy!)
Spent today: $9.80 (A few groceries and a 60 cent fine at the library!)

Okay, okay! I then spent $19.20 on celebratory pizza, even though I only had 24 cents left in my wallet. But I knew there was some cash in my bank account...

Back to the bathroom. Mom is arriving in less than 24 hours!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoop, Whoop!!! And congrats on the new job, Tam!

Also - please say Hi to your Mom for me!

Tammy said...

Thanks - I will!

Lois Kim said...

Congrats Tammy!!! I'm so happy for you! And wise decision on putting that $ on your loan- that's exactly what my financial advisor's told me to do in the past.

Paronomaniac said...

Yay you! Does this mean we will once again be colleagues???

Anonymous said...

I thought your article is relevant and timely, either) and living free, living life in full appreciation of the randomness and
patterns of nature, helps people feel grounded.
Thinking about vital subjects is likewise some other sort of
experience that can aid us make the discovery of self understanding.

Related Posts with Thumbnails