Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Better Than Before - Day Nine

Major fail with my sleeping goals last night. I stayed up way too late. Do you know that weird feeling when you just can't stop looking at the Internet? Like, nothing is interesting and you're tired, but you feel compelled to just keep looking? That was me. And then, because they have radar for this sort of thing, June decided to crawl into bed with us at 3AM. I don't fight it when our kids want to be in our bed, but with Violet we can just play musical beds and one of us can take over her single bed. Because our queen is not big enough for both of us and a kid. But June is still in a converted crib, so there's no switch to be had. Last night reminded me that this little girl needs a big bed pronto!

Felt super back on track this morning and packed up my healthy snacks to face the day. Slung my gym bag over my shoulder with all sorts of lunchtime workout resolutions. BUT, I had totally forgotten that we'd planned a team lunch today to celebrate a birthday. So instead of the gym, we went for delicious Middle Eastern food.

I studied the menu carefully and chose a fatoush salad with falafel. I knew the deep fried balls were not going to look good on my food log, but I also knew that the majority of my lunch was veggies and I was legitimately enjoying a meal out with lovely people. And man, it was SO good. I also had half a pita and was super sparing with the tahini. Seriously, I'm still thinking about all the yumminess.

I entered everything into my food log on my Fitbit and - lo and behold - I was all out of calories FOR THE DAY! It was 1:30PM. So I made an alternate plan. I asked my husband to get the kiddos and I went to an evening gym class! A step class which was very high energy and I burned a bunch of calories. Yay me!! (My knee is a little unhappy, but I'm icing it as I type.)

Sometimes, when I'm away from it for too long, I forget that I actually really love high intensity exercise. The adrenaline rush and the feeling of accomplishment when it's all done really works for me.

So, home to a healthy dinner here. I have yet to enter those calories - and I may not have earned enough to counteract them, but I'm still calling it a win. My teeth are also brushed, so I can't have any of the treats in the house. (We have good treats right now...)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails