Saturday, November 21, 2015

Better Than Before - Day Five and Six

I missed blogging last night, but for a good reason! I overcame a mental hurdle and did an evening gym outing for a Zumba class. Since so few locations have 7:30 classes on Friday nights, I ended up at Dufferin and Finch (!!!) at this weird, mega, 24-hour Goodlife that was SO busy. Seriously. I have never seen a gym so enormous and it was hopping on a Friday evening. Even crazier was that the Zumba class had, like, 40 people in it and this total party atmosphere. Clearly plenty of regulars and a truly diverse group of people, including several men.

Shortly after the class started, I noticed the guy behind me was wearing a mock turtleneck, dress pants and jazz shoes! Mysterious! So I started to give him a backstory, which was some serious multitasking as I tried to keep up with all the shaking and shimmying. I imagined he was in the corps of the National Ballet, but they said he was too stiff, so he was taking the class to loosen up. And that he travelled all the way up north so he wouldn't run into any of his fellow dancers. Later in the class, after I'd had to trek way across the club and down a level (Hey, look! A pool!) for a bathroom break, he ended up in front of me and it was clear he knew what was what with the latin stuff. So then I decided he was a professional ballroom dancer who had been banned from competition after a forbidden affair with a "straight" dancer from his arch rival team. And he was hitting up a Zumba class as a way to get his sad groove on. Either way, he had really amazing posture and could do that swoopy latin arm thing like nobody's business.

Okay! But this is about habits! My habits! Focus!

Yesterday took a potentially bad turn, but ended up good. Steps were easy to get in, because I was home with June, who needed to go to the doctor and we were on transit. So lots of walking. Plus the Zumba class. Food overall ended up good - like my Fitbit told me I was at the right calories in/calories out level. BUT I did eat sugar. I baked. And I ate batter while I baked and then had a cookie at the end. But I accounted for all it, so a win in the end.

Today was a crazy day, starting with a party at 8AM. Read that part again. Ridiculous, right? But worth the very early start to the day, because it was my company's kids carnival party and hardly anyone else was dumb enough to get up that early, so it was like being at a carnival with no lines for anything. Awesome! Since that was all done by 10AM, we hit up the Swedish festival at Harbourfront, since Violet and I just finished reading Pippi Lockstocking last week. This was very busy, but fun, and we got to watch the original Pippi movie.

But, all this off-schedule insanity means that I tracked nothing, ate several treats and generally just hopped off the wagon and let it roll away. And then, because I grocery shopped very late in the day and did not want to make dinner and couldn't get a fresh pre-made pizza at the grocery store, we had frozen pizza for dinner. I can't remember the last time I made a frozen pizza, because I think they're kind of yucky. And this one definitely had a yuck factor. Also a yum factor, but the guilt pushed it further into yuck. I did, however, make us all side salads.

Back to things tomorrow. I feel really good about my progress this week and I do not want to let it all slip away. Also, I want to better define exactly what habits I'd like to make. Stay tuned!

Oh, and C - I keep trying to make comments on YOUR blog, but then Wordpress wants me to sign in and things get messy with passwords and then my comment disappears... This is a small glitch, but sort of insurmountable in my brain right now. I will try again tomorrow. But I AM reading!!

1 comment:

Crissy said...

Good updates! And no sweat re: comments. Hopefully once you crack the login, it'll auto-log you thereafter. Fingers crossed it's a one time headache.

Looking forward to hearing more about the habits you're looking to make (and/or break).

Related Posts with Thumbnails